Support services funded by the HACC Program are required to meet certain standards in quality care. The rights and responsibilities described here are all related to those standards.
As a person receiving a HACC service you have a right to:
- Privacy and confidentiality, and to access all personal information kept about you by your servicer provider
- Be treated with respect and courtesy
Receive good quality services:
- Be informed and be consulted
- Be part of decisions made about your care
- Have another person of your choice to support you and advocate (speak) on your behalf
- Have your comments valued and to make a complaint if you are not happy with the support you receive
Your responsibilities as a HACC client
While you have a number of rights as a client, you also have responsibilities to the people providing support to you.
As a person receiving support from HACC you have a responsibility to:
- Treat staff with respect and courtesy
- Provide a safe working environment for staff
- Take responsibility for the results of any decisions which you make with the service provider about your support needs.
A brochure explaining these rights and responsibilities is available from HACC. For more information, please contact the office on 9318 5700 and ask to speak to the Client Services Coordinator who would be happy to answer any queries you may have.
From 30 January 2017 a cancellation fee of $5.00 will apply in those circumstances when a service is cancelled with less than 24 hours’ notice, cancelled at the door, or a person is not home for their scheduled service. This will apply to all VTF services except home visits.
We understand that from time to time there may be a need to change or cancel a service at short notice due to unplanned and unavoidable circumstances. These circumstances will be taken into consideration when applying a waiver to cancel fees.
Services repeatedly cancelled due to both planned and unplanned situations will be reviewed to ensure the support responds to individual needs and circumstances. These situations and any concerns or queries in regards to fees and cancellation of services can be directed to the Client Services Manager by contacting the office on 9318 5700.